Friday, March 23, 2007

Mom blogging for the first time!

Ok! I am a little nervous, feel like the whole world is watching - when really, I'm sure, no one cares. I am a stay at home mom who is "trying to make it" in more ways than one. I have three children ages 9, 6 and 17 months and have recently ventured into a partnership with a long time friend. We are in the process of setting up a children's web store called www.annakatescloset.com. Very exciting but new, just like this blog!

My thought on this blog?? To "dish" about my daily life and my web partners daily life as we start up our business and raise our families and do the dishes, clean the house, do homework, change diapers, make dinner, have a drink, call the plumber, electrician and make them understand that I mean BUSINESS! I would also like to take a shower today or go for a walk and hear the birds sing - may not happen today.

I did spend some "quality time" (as my son likes to say) with my youngest daughter today. We were outside walking up and down the side walk sniffing flowers and playing with the local kitty cat that wandered by. All I kept thinking about was all of the crap I had to do inside but I did enjoy the moment!

The moment is gone, I put my 17 month old down for a nap at 11:30 because she was falling asleep on the floor and now she is awake! Basically, what this means, is that my blogging time is over but I do feel a little better and I have just completed my first blog. It wasn't so bad. Let's see what time I get back on and what I do in that time........................

Maybe my partner who is a working mom and I mean "working" will actually join in this blog??

10 comments:

Dawn said...

OH MY GOSH, I can't believe you did it! To funny!

Yes, I am at work. Had to be here by 7:00 a.m. because it is my "early" day. Need to get those hours in to receive benefits.

I left my "old man" (LOL) and my two children (ages 6 going on 13 and 4) at home in bed sleeping. The life! Grabbed some coffee, piece of fruit and my files and headed out the door. Today is his turn to make lunches for the kids, feed them breakfast, clean up, get them dressed, get himself dressed while they are running around the house, take my oldest to the bus stop, wait around for the bus, sit in traffic for 45 minutes to get our youngest to a daycare center which is 7 miles from our house, then drive himself to work -- he doesn't get there until about 10:00 a.m. He gets a taste of what I have to do one day a week. I enjoy that thought :-)

As my business partner and life long friend has mentioned, we are gearing up to launch our own business. www.annakatescloset.com
We are so excited about this new venture and still have a bit to get done. Once I leave my "corporate" job today, go to the grocery store, pick up my son from daycare, get to the bus stop before the bus arrives -- this is a problem for me - don't always seem to get there in time. Luckly, there are SAHM's at the bus stop who probably think I'm crazy/wacky working mom - who take pitty on me and watch her until I get there.

Well, I have some other exciting news...

Oh, gotta go, my boss is calling me.

Peace out!

Signed - (the other Mom)

Jill from Pluto said...

Hey Moms, Maura and Dawn....
Nice to see that you've started a Blog. Be sure to post some pics of the cute clothing you will be selling on http://www.annakatescloset.com. I love the "bling ring" you gave me ... It is so much fun, and I am sure everyone will be banging down your cyber-door for one soon!

Lisa @ Heaven Sent said...

Welcome to the blogging world! Can't wait to see this new web site. I have a 19-month old daughter and one on the way, so there's always an excuse to shop.

Best of luck to you and your partner! Looking forward to seeing some of your stuff.

Superwoman3 said...

I love those outfits! I can't wait to put baby Grace in them!! Hopefully the weather cooperates and it stays WARM!!!!

NEWSFLASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE just got a package from Wildflower From Faigie!!!! I'm going to open the box - I'll letcha know how cute they are!!

Maura

Dawn said...

Oh, do tell what we go -- we need photos - are we able to get those from Faigie's website? Do you want to work on adding those to the website tonight? I'll do Kumquat and you can do Faigie..

Okay, right now, my son is taking his hockey stick and running around the basement (where my "office" is dancing to the Shrek song Accidently In Love -- he goes crazy for that song. He has the volume turned up as loud as it can go --- OH MY EARS!

Dawn

Superwoman3 said...

Hey, you need to change the time zone on the blog - we are onthe east coast and we are set for CA time. I did it but I can't log in as myself so try it on your end. THe Faige is really cute, yeah, I will enter it tonight.

Jack's playdate just left and Kate just came home from a playdate and my husband just went "out with the boyz" for the evening and Grace just pooped! Now all I have to do is give bath's and get them in bed and then I can get to work!!!!! We had frozen pizza for dinner (hopefully the play date didn't mind)!

We had our first sale of the Faige headbands, my neighbor Cee bought the pink princess one for a birthday gift! YEAH us!! She loves the site - can't wait to "get it up"!

kim said...

Maura and Dawn, you never cease to amaze me! I wish you lots of good fortune one the new site. I promise to spread it around here in Sarasota. The trade show sounded like a blast.

As for us, the boys (3 and 5) are on Spring Break this week. Yikes I need to keep them busy. The weather is awesome so we will be outside a lot.

Anonymous said...

Maura and Dawn, Yeah Girls!! Okay, I've never blogged before either. I'm a virgin blogger :-) LOL I have a lot to learn. I'm so excited to see your cyber doors open!!! I plan to spread the word around about Anna Kates Closet... Since I have two boys (7 & 8) I can't see them wearing any of it... However, I have 4 neices and can't wait to see your "goods". Love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

Bravo ladies, for having the courage to take on this exciting venture!!! All my best to you...Dawn, can't wait to see you and family! Hope we can make it happen this year...

Unknown said...

Maura & Dawn,
Keep it coming. The merchandise at AnnaKatescloset is hot, hot, hot. Very irresistible. The Kumquat outfit is an absolute must for my girlfriend's 12 month old daughter. I'm already thinking about another purchase for my 9 year old niece. Keep up the good work. Great childrens clothing. Happy shopping! Amy